Reencounter



I have almost forgotten how deep I can sink into your blue eyes. But here they are. Deep like wells of cold fresh water. And I am sinking… falling down… drowning…  

I used to see you through. I used to know every thought; every hint of a smile was telling me a story. Every look was like a chapter of my favorite book and I was reading sleepless and exhaustless day and night. I could recognize the scent of your skin and your hair from afar and I could feel the touch of your fingertips on my body even when we were apart. 

Only that we weren’t apart back then. We knew that the present is a gift – a gift we gave each other every day. 

I knew what I had when I had you. I knew the whole time that you are surely one of the most important people in my life. I knew I will never forget you, because you were not only a friend, you were a soul mate. You opened up parts of my mind and heart I didn’t even know existed. You left a mark. 

Your lips on my lips. Your heart beating in rhythm with mine. Your soul intertwined with mine. We set a crack in a castle of glass. The short way of the crack expanding was the happy way we walked in this life together.  Our castle went into splinters. Hurt and aching we walked out and I took left, you took right. 

Today you stand before me again. I can smell your skin and hair. I can feel the touch of your courteous embrace. But sinking into your cold eyes I drown into a story I can’t read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamo, Italy