Time Gap

I was in a perfume store today. Just trying to fill the time gap between two flights – coming from a place that will never be my home again and going to a place that will never feel like home to me. Strolling aimless and absentminded I didn’t make the effort to concentrate or search a present for the coming birthday of my sister.

Suddenly, my consciousness was alarmed by the shiny surface of a black perfume bottle. The painting of a rose on the front of it was the keeper of a bittersweet memory, enchanting with a well-known spell. I knew that for my own well being I should fall back in the boredom and the daydreaming of a minute ago, but my inner voice lured me into drawing back all memories once again. I drew a paper piece from the container and ignoring my trembling hand I soaked it in perfume. The strong scent spread through my whole body like a poison, leaving me dizzy and spellbound. Flashbacks attacked my mind and I felt as if the magical fluid was evaporating right from his pale skin. The urge to kiss his neck, his naked chest, his lips, was overwhelming, yet the understanding how ridiculous the thought was painfully stroke my mind. With the fragrant paper in my hand I slowly left the store and headed the gate for my flight.

Sadly, a flight that could bring me back to the one whose perfume was diffusing around me will never exist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bergamo, Italy